Sustainability review is about how the company manages it’s issues related to environmental, social and governance responsibility. It doesn’t have to be an in-depth analysis of the company, it can be just the little things you’ve noticed. Every little piece of information can help other consumers to make sustainable choices.
When writing a review from an ethical perspective, it’s important to consider three key categories: social, environmental, and governance. Here are some hints and guidelines for addressing each category in your reviews:
Honesty and Accuracy
- Be honest in your review, providing accurate information about your experience
- Avoid exaggerations or fabrications that may mislead readers or damage a business’s reputation
- If you made a mistake or were misinformed, correct it promptly to maintain your credibility
- Approach your review with an objective mindset, setting aside personal biases or emotional reactions
- Focus on the facts and specific details of your experience rather than generalizations or assumptions
- Recognize that experiences can vary, so try to present a balanced perspective
- Offer constructive feedback that can help both the business and future customers
- Avoid personal attacks or inflammatory language, as they undermine the value of your review
- Maintain a professional tone and language throughout your review
Remember to provide specific examples to support your claims in each category. By considering social, environmental, and governance factors, you can contribute to a more comprehensive and holistic review that covers various ethical aspects of a business.
How to find information about company’s ethical business practices
- Ask questions from the company personnel and get to know the company personally. Mentioning that you are writing a review on our platform may help to get more detailed information.
- Visit the company’s official website. Look for sections like “About Us,” “Our Values,” or “Corporate Responsibility.”
- Social Media and Online Discussions: Engage with online communities, forums, or social media platforms where discussions about the company’s ethical practices may take place.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Reports: Check if the company publishes CSR reports or sustainability reports.
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance: Check if there have been any regulatory actions, fines, or legal cases involving the company related to ethical misconduct.
- Code of Conduct/Ethics: Look for the company’s Code of Conduct or Code of Ethics. These documents outline the company’s guiding principles and standards of behavior.
- News and Press Releases.
- External Sources: Conduct a broader search using search engines to find articles, news stories, or investigative reports from reputable sources.
- Industry Rankings and Awards: Explore industry rankings and awards that recognize companies for their ethical practices and sustainability efforts.